This website is operated by Dillon Legal Pty Ltd trading as Dillon Legal.
Information on this website is not legal advice
Any information found on this website, or accessible via this website, or on our social media channels is intended to be general in nature and is not in any way intended to constitute legal advice. You should not act or rely on any information found on this website, in our downloadable content or on our social media channels without obtaining prior advice specific to your circumstances.
Whilst steps are taken to ensure that the information appearing on this website remains current, delays, errors or omissions could affect its accuracy or currency. It is your responsibility to assess and verify the accuracy, completeness and reliability of any information found on this website. We do not guarantee the currency of any information found on this website.
No solicitor-client relationship is created by your use of this website or any actions taken by you or on your behalf after having viewed information on this website, in our downloadable content or on our social media channels.
If you download a copy of any of our free resources, you acknowledge that:
- it is provided for general information purposes only and no reliance should be placed on any content found within it;
- no solicitor-client relationship is established by you accessing the Digital Resources;
- you are expressly prohibited from:
- using the Digital Resource for any commercial purpose;
- publicly displaying the Digital Resource;
- copying or creating derivative works from the Digital Resource;
- removing any copyright or other proprietary notations from the Digital Resource; or
- sharing, selling or distributing the Digital Resource to any third party.
To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we exclude:
- all liability for any and all direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss, damage, cost and expense (including, without limitation, loss of revenue, goodwill, profit, damage to reputation, under or in relation to any other contract, data, use of data or anticipated savings or benefits), whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, suffered or incurred by any person, in connection with, or in any way relating to this website or any content found on it; and
- any conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities and other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on us.
Despite the above, if the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other legislation states that there is a guarantee in respect of goods or services supplied, and our liability for breach is unable to be excluded, but can be limited, our liability for such breach is limited to, at our option:
- in the case of a supply of goods, replacing the goods, supplying equivalent goods or having the goods repaired; or
- in the case of a supply of services, supplying the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
In making information available on this website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees in relation to the availability, suitability, continuity, reliability, accuracy or currency of the website or any information found on it.
We do not represent, warrant or guarantee that this website is free from computer viruses or any other defect or error which may affect your software or systems, and you should ensure that your computer is protected from any such viruses or defects through appropriate security systems.
Except as otherwise stated, we own, or are licensed, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in any content appearing on this website. You must not reproduce any content appearing on this website without our prior written consent. Unless we have given our consent for any other use, you may only access and use the content on this website, or content accessed via this website, for non-commercial or personal use.
You are expressly prohibited from using any content available on this website, or accessible via this website, for any purpose which might reasonably be considered to compete with our business.
Your use of the Website
In accessing and using this website, you must not post or transmit on any part of this website, including in the comments on the blog made available on this website which:
- breaches any laws or regulations or are contrary to any relevant standard or codes;
- interferes with other users of the website, is false, inflammatory, defames, harasses, threatens, menaces, offends or restricts any person or which inhibits any other website user from using the website;
- constitutes commercial advertising, the promotion of gambling or the promotion of another website;
- infringes anyone else’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- tampers with, hinders or modifies this website; or
- knowingly transmits any viruses or other disabling features to this website.
Third party links
This website may contain third party links to other websites which we do not monitor, endorse, edit or review. Any access by you to any such third party websites is subject to any terms and conditions found on those websites. We do not warrant the accuracy of any information found on third party websites, nor do we ensure that such third party websites are free from any viruses or other threats.